Sunday, October 2, 2011

Insight on Chapter One

After reading chapter one of the book They Snooze, You Lose by Lynell Burmark, I appalling in knowing all the mistakes I have made in my PowerPoint presentations all these years.  I realized that there were many things to consider when creating a presentation for my colleagues or students but never did I take into account some of the information mentioned.  When creating my PowerPoint presentations, I am (or was) a strong user of the templates already created by the software.  My theory was why create a template and make changes to something that someone has already done for me.  Besides, many of the templates that they offer fit what you are looking to use.  I never gave it much thought to create my own template.
            After reading this chapter one, thing that I never took into account was the view of the audience viewing my presentations.  I used the colors that were attractive to me.  I picked out fonts that I liked and looked good on my presentation.  I just put my presentations together as I saw fit and what I thought looked good.  After reading, I realized that the purpose behind my presentations were not for my purpose or benefit but for those individuals that I was presenting to.

No comments:

Post a Comment